Vibration Testing - Need to Knows
Whether you are planning to purchase your own vibration test system or have a lab perform vibration testing on your behalf – here are a few details that are needed:
- What are the dimensions of the Unit Under Test (UUT) and how will it be fixtured to the vibration table?
- Weight of the UUT + Weight of the fixture = ?
- Center of Gravity (if known)
- Mounting area required on vibration head expander/slip table
- Description/type of mounting points on vibration table
- Orientations – In which axis will the UUT be tested? X Axis, Y Axis, Z Axis?