Learn More About Cascade TEK's Package Testing Capabilities
Available at both our Oregon and Colorado testing labs, Cascade TEK offers a wide range of package testing capabilities; we are an ISTA certified package testing lab, meaning we can submit test data to ISTA for examination in order for packages to receive the ISTA's coveted "Transit Tested Certification Mark", and test according to guidelines published by the ASTM, ISTA and MIL-STD.
What kinds of tests are available at Cascade TEK? We offer a comprehensive list of test options, including: drop testing, transportation simulation, compression testing, and temperature and humidity testing. All of these are used in order to test the reliability of product packages and ensure that packaging is able to protect products from expected hazards experienced during the normal shipping process.
Cascade TEK's Package Testing Capabilities:
From shock and vibration to changing thermal conditions, Cascade TEK's package testing capabilities can provide the certification your packages need to get your products to market, including:
Shock & Vibration Testing Capabilies:
All ISTA requirements for shock and vibration, including: Vertical-linear, random with and without top loads, fixed-displacement, synchronous, non-synchronous and transportation simulation.
- ASTM D4728 Test Method for Random Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers
- ASTM D999 Test Methods for Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers
- ASTM D5487 Test Method for Simulated Drop of Loaded Containers by Shock Machines
- SEMI PV23-1011 Test Method For Mechanical Vibration Of Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic (PV) Modules In Shipping Environment
- UN ST/ST/AC: Recommendations On The Transport Of Dangerous Goods (Battery vibration or shock impacts during transport)
All ISTA drop testing requirements.
- ASTM D5276 Test Method for Drop Test of Loaded Containers by Free Fall
- UN ST/ST/AC: Recommendations On The Transport Of Dangerous Goods (Battery impact/drop) During Transport)
Compression Testing Capabilities:
All ISTA compression testing requirements.
- ASTM D642 Test Method for Determining Compressive Resistance of Shipping Containers, Components, and Unit Loads
- TAPPI T 811, 839 Edgewise Compressive Strength of Corrugated Fiberboard
Incline Impact Testing Capabilities:
All ISTA impact testing requirements.
- ASTM D5277 Test Method for Performing Programmed Horizontal Impacts Using an Inclined Impact Tester
- ASTM D880 Test Method for Impact Testing for Shipping Containers and Systems
- ASTM D6344 Test Method for Concentrated Impacts to Transport Packages
- ASTM D4003 Test Methods for Programmable Horizontal Impact Test for Shipping Containers and Systems
- ASTM D5265 Test Method for Bridge Impact Testing
Atmospheric (Temperature / Humidity) Conditioning Capabilities:
All ISTA atmospheric conditioning requirements.
Handling: Bench, Tip/Tip Over, Forklift Handling:
All ISTA handling requirements.
- ASTM D4169 Standard Practice for Performance Testing of Shipping Containers and Systems
- ASTM D6179 Test Methods for Rough Handling of Unitized Loads and Large Shipping Cases and Crates
- ASTM D6055 Test Methods for Mechanical Handling of Unitized Loads and Large Shipping Cases and Crates