HALT / HASS Testing Workshop at Cascade TEK
On October 13th & 14th, Cascade TEK, in conjunction with Hobbs Engineering, will host a 2-day seminar covering Highly Accelerated Life Tests (HALT) and Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) test methods. The workshop will allow hands-on use of Cascade TEK’s HALT chamber to efficiently find design flaws in a simple stereo amplifier product, and is intended to provide both theory and practice in HALT and HASS testing to those who want to learn enough about the methods to perform them well without assistance. The workshop is also intended to prevent practitioners from committing the most frequently made mistakes In HALT/HASS.
Emphasis for the seminar will be:
1. Stresses applied during the design phase (HALT) in order to force accelerated design maturity, obtaining robust design margins, and allowing earlier, or mature, product introduction.
2. Methods in the production phase (HASS) to ensure robust manufacturing processes at suppliers, at top level assembly, and everywhere in between: shipping, handling, and storage.
According to post-seminar surveys, past participants have benefited greatly from their time spent at the seminar, including:
- Reduction of product development time and cost by a factor of 2.
- Return on investment of 50:1 in the first year.
- Hundreds of millions of dollars saved in 2 ½ years.
- Dramatically increased MTBF’s, 838 times improvement in one case.
- Greatly reduced warranty and field retrofitting costs!
- One company shipped many 1,400 lb racks of electronics without any field failures in a complete year!
- One company reported a savings of $30 million in one year.
- Reduction in REL-DEMO costs by orders of magnitude.
- Substantial savings in manufacturing costs. Almost no scrap and rework.
- Vast reduction in screening and test equipment costs.
- Detect those “No Defects Found” in field returns! The “Magic Bullet”
The workshop will feature Chet Haibel, a Senior Member of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), as the instructor. Haibel is certified as a Reliability Engineer, Quality Engineer, Software Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Biomedical Auditor, and Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence.
Cascade TEK is an A2LA accredited product testing laboratory in Hillsboro OR. Cascade TEK performs a wide variety of environmental stress tests, including vibration and shock, UV exposure, sand & dust, thermal shock, temp/humidity and altitude testing.
The total for the two day workshop is $1195.00.
To register for the workshop contact:
HOBBS Engineering CORP
4300 W 100th Ave.
Westminster, CO 80031-2481